Day Trip #2!
Maastricht is a biggish city like 30 minutes from Brunssum, with a ton of shopping. Apparently it is a college town. There was so many places to shop and we barely saw any of it. I would compare it to shopping in downtown Seattle but way less sketchy. I kept thinking how much fun my mom, sisters and I would have! We did have fun though, we didn't do much research before we left so we again didn't have a plan of what to do. We also realized that nothing opens early anywhere, we got there at like 9 and walked the empty streets until noon, when everything opened up. They did have some restaurants and we sat and had espresso waiting for everything to be open!
One of the main attractions was this cathedral and we went in and saw that, which was very pretty. We saw some ceremony happen in the gardens, which was neat but I didn't actually know what they were doing :)
Once the shops opened up we were able to shop around a little - I got a nail cube that I was sold on, and some hand lotion. My hands are really dry from the constant washing at work so this was a must have. - Seriously though, I must wash my hands 30 times during the 9 hr period I work. I also went into a store that was the exact same thing as H&M and it was right next to a real H&M and got a t shirt there!
We also went shopping at a flee market right by one of the town squares, and I got my brother a gift, I'm super excited about! I'm not sure if I will be able to wait all summer to tell him about it! There was no Starbucks in this city :( I was attempting to not buy anything and save for bigger cities and trips I will be taking this summer!
 |
| So gorgeous here! |
 |
| I'm not sure why, but I'm obsessed with alley ways here, They're so clean! |
 |
| Jump Shot! |
 |
| Orange! Hup Holland! |
 |
| Feeling very European |
 |
| Don't know lol |
 |
| We actually don't know what that building is either, but we sat and had lunch on those steps. |
 |
| My first doner! It's shredded lamb meat, in a wrap, with other yummies! It was good, but I hear they're the best in Germany. |
 |
| Train Station |
No comments:
Post a Comment